RESOURCES FOR PATIENTS
The Institute for Functional Medicine is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the highest expression of individual health through widespread adoption of functional medicine as the standard of care.
The main objective of The Institute for Functional Medicine is to reverse today’s epidemic of chronic disease through education, research, and collaboration. Functional medicine provides a powerful new operating system and systems-based clinical model to replace the outdated and ineffective acute-care models carried forward from the 20th century. It enables physicians and other health professionals to practice proactive, predictive, personalized medicine and empowers patients to take an active role in their own health.
In order to achieve its objectives, The Institute for Functional Medicine engages in broad-based and specific global initiatives in the areas of Education, Research, and Collaboration.
Where can I find more information on functional medicine?
I would like to make an appointment to see an IFM trained practitioner - can you help me?
- Click here to download an article describing functional medicine from "Experience Life" magazine.
- Click here to download "What is Functional Medicine".
- Click here to watch Dr. Mark Hyman, IFM Chairman, describe how functional medicine differs from conventional medicine.
IFM is not able to set up an appointment or make specific recommendations on providers. However, you may access these resources for more information:
- Click here to search for an IFM-educated functional medicine practitioner.
- Click here to download "Working with a Functional Medicine Practitioner" to learn what to expect.
I would love to share information on functional medicine with my healthcare practitioner - can you help me?
- Click here to download a packet of information on functional medicine, The Institute for Functional Medicine, and our programs that you can share with your provider.
How can I support the Institute for Functional Medicine's initiatives?