For 20 years, The Institute for Functional Medicine has trained healthcare professionals in effective treatment and prevention of chronic disease. We continually refine our programs and seek to incorporate innovative teaching methods and instructional technologies suited to the needs of practicing clinicians.
For an overview of our educational programs and the IFM educational path, click here.
IFM offers the following on-site educational programs:
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice® (AFMCP) is IFM’s foundational course. This 5-day introduction is a well-orchestrated, comprehensive, patient-centered educational program that helps deepen clinical understanding and practical application of the Functional Medicine Matrix Model.
- The six Functional Medicine Advanced Practice Modules® are intensive clinical programs focused on each element of the Functional Medicine Matrix Model. These courses deepen and broaden the expertise and knowledge base of the clinician in the principles and practice of functional medicine. Modules are focused in the following areas:
- Restoring Gastrointestinal Equilibrium: Practical Applications for Understanding, Assessing, and Treating Gut Dysfunction
- Understanding Biotransformation and Recognizing Toxicity: Evaluation and Treatment in the Functional Medicine Model
- The Many Faces of Immune Dysregulation and Chronic Inflammation: Infections, Allergens, and Autoimmune Disorders
- Re-establishing Hormonal Balance in the Hypothalamic, Pituitary, Adrenal, Thyroid, and Gonadal Axis
- Managing Insulin Resistance, Vascular Dysfunction, and Downstream Consequences
- Uncovering the Role of Mitochondria and Energy Dysfunction in Disorders of Cognition, Movement, and Mood
- IFM’s Annual International Conference is the largest gathering of the international functional medicine community and a catalyst for transforming your clinical practice. Speakers are internationally renowned researchers, educators, and clinicians who present cutting-edge information about complex and intriguing topics. Some examples:
- Confronting Cancer as a Chronic Disease: Primary Care Takes a 360° View
- Managing Biotransformation: The Metabolic Genomic and Detoxification Balance Points
- The Challenge of Chronic Infections: Terrain, Tolerance, and Susceptibility
- IFM’s Functional Medicine Certification Program™ is a comprehensive clinical training for assessment, treatment, prevention, and management of patients with complex, chronic disease. After successful completion of written examinations following the completion of AFMCP and the six Advanced Practice Modules, the clinician is then certified as a functional medicine practitioner.
In addition, IFM is pleased to launch an eLearning program with CME credits.....MORE HERE