THE TEXTBOOK OF FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE
is the authoritative and comprehensive text for practitioners, academic medicine faculty, students, and researchers. Extensively referenced, the book has been widely reviewed and praised, and has sold thousands of copies. Both experienced clinicians and those new to the field will find this textbook to be an essential addition to their medical libraries.
The updated Textbook of Functional Medicine (2010 update) has the following additional features:
- A new Foreword by Mark Hyman, MD, current Chair of IFM’s Board of Directors and a nationally recognized functional medicine physician and author
- Two detailed new cases (ADHD and Psoriatic Arthritis) in Chapter 37
- A new version of the Functional Medicine Matrix Model™ introduced and used in both the new cases
- An expanded and improved Appendix that includes:
- New questionnaires that will help you detect toxic exposures in patients (both adult and child)
- Better charts to detect and track nutrient insufficiencies and deficiencies according to signs and symptoms
- A complete 7-day meal plan with recipes to accompany the comprehensive elimination diet.
Those who have not yet read 21st Century Medicine: A New Model for Medical Education and Practice
will be delighted to learn that the entire white paper was appended to the end of TFM-2010
. This paper provides a thorough look back at how the chronic-disease epidemic developed, and an exciting look forward at the systems-oriented, patient-centered approaches that will help us stop and then reverse this costly trend. The last two chapters of 21st Century Medicine
directly address the challenge of clinical decision making in a context of uncertainty, and the importance of the therapeutic relationship between patient and clinician.
*Please note: The Textbook of Functional Medicine and Clinical Nutrition are textbooks used for AFMCP, and are included with registration for that course. If you are contemplating registration for AFMCP, please note that we cannot reimburse you for a prior purchase of these textbooks.
*Please note: The Textbook of Functional Medicine and Clinical Nutrition are texts used for AFMCP, and are included with registration for that course. If you are contemplating registration for AFMCP, please note that we cannot reimburse you for a prior purchase of these texts.
Return Policy: Items returned within 60 days of purchase in good condition will be accepted for return minus a 20% restocking fee. Product Details:
Reprint September 2010