For some clinicians, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in women and men is still considered the fountain of youth; for others, it has become a dangerous area fraught with considerable risk that is avoided completely. Controversies and disagreements abound regarding how to diagnose and measure hormonal dysfunction; how to address safety concerns in prescribing HRT; the form, application and dosage to use; and when and how to insert lifestyle, diet, nutraceutical and botanical treatments.
The Functional Medicine approach is uniquely capable of responding to the controversy surrounding HRT. The Functional Medicine approach is to look upstream and apply dietary modifications, nutraceutical supplementation, and other lifestyle changes before even considering HRT. In this way, the need for HRT can often be minimized or avoided.
IFM’s Hormone Advanced Practice Module
This Functional Medicine Advanced Practice Module will clarify exactly how to approach hormonal dysregulation, with discussions on the most important evaluations to make and integrative treatment approaches to apply. We will help you analyze the controversies and provide you with tools that you can use immediately in your practice.
Our expert faculty team will supply you with the foundational background, insight, and in-depth clinical thinking to confidently assess and treat patients who present with hormonal dysfunction. This program will provide a unique, experiential, case-based, clinically practical experience from which you will acquire the tools you need to apply a comprehensive Functional Medicine approach to hormone dysfunction in your patients.
Your tuition includes the following:
- More than 20 live lectures (View the full schedule of topics)
- Course Materials: PDF presentation slides, MP3 audio recordings, and MP4 video recordings of presentations (Recordings are available to download from your online account 4-6 weeks after the course concludes)
- Pre- and post-course webinars
- Question and Answer sessions with presenters
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunities to ask additional questions on a post-conference online forum moderated by IFM faculty
- Healthful snacks and morning movement activities (Onsite only)
Your takeaways will include: