AFMCP is sold out. Please see "REGISTER" tab above for information on our waiting list.
An epidemic of chronic disease threatens to compromise the health of our population and the effectiveness and economics of our healthcare system. Alarming projections suggest that future generations may have shorter, less healthy lives if current trends continue unchecked.1 Because of its focus on acute care, the current medical model fails to confront both the causes of and solutions for the chronic disease epidemic, and must be replaced with a model of comprehensive care and prevention that is systems-based, integrative, patient-centered, and much more effective. AFMCP has been designed to meet that challenge.
Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP) teaches healthcare practitioners to more effectively integrate science, research, and clinical insights to treat and prevent disease and maintain health. Established and emerging diagnostics, therapeutics, and prevention strategies are extensively covered, including the use of diet, nutraceuticals, exercise, body/mind techniques, and the adaptation of lifestyle to an individual's genetic risks and environmental exposures.
AFMCP is a well-orchestrated, comprehensive, patient-centered education program that helps you deepen your clinical understanding and practical application of the Functional Medicine Matrix Model.
Your week at AFMCP includes:
- Gastrointestinal dysfunction and its links to chronic disease
- Inflammation and immune dysregulation
- Hormonal imbalance including adrenal, thyroid, and sex hormones
- Insulin resistance and cardiometabolic syndrome
- Oxidative stress, mitochondrial dysfunction, and neurological disorders
- Toxins, toxicity, and impaired biotransformation
- Food sensitivities, allergies, and intolerances
- Nutrition assessment and the Nutrition Physical Exam
- Up to 36.5 hours of CME
- Course textbooks: Textbook of Functional Medicine and Clinical Nutrition (over $250 value)
- Functional Medicine Tool Kit including over 200 documents including intake forms, assessment questionnaires, patient handouts, dietary plans, and other resources
- Course Materials: PDFs and MP3 audio downloads of all presentations
- Case study sessions
- Panel discussions
- Q&A sessions with faculty
- Specific laboratory assessment tools
- Post AFMP practice integration support through post program webinar series and monthly IFM updates
- Presentation on Business Models for the Functional Medicine Practice
- Special events
- Movement and mindfulness activities
- Listing on IFM’s web-based practitioner referral network
- Healthy and delicious snacks and sponsored lunches as well as an evening reception
Olshansky SJ, Passaro DJ, Hershow RC, Layden J, et al. A potential decline in life expectancy in the United States in the 21st century. NEJM. 2005;352(11):1138-45.